All of us keep hearing about the significance of placing tortoise figurines to bring prosperity and
positive vibes. How does a tortoise work in bringing fortune? Is it really beneficial to keep one?
What is their relevance? This article will help in clearing all your doubts related to keeping
tortoise at home or workplace.
In Feng Shui tortoise is considered to be the guardian of good energies and in Vastu it is
considered to be very auspicious being associated with the avatar of Lord Vishnu. Whether
Vastu or Feng Shui, both the sciences have pressed on the importance of tortoise being a
source of positive energy. So irrespective of its religious origin one can just believe in the power
of this figurine as it helps in guarding the positive energies and channeling energy flow around a
Tortoise is also a symbol of longevity, fortune and protection. Here’s a look at different types
of tortoise statues, their placement and benefits.
Common uses of this symbol :
- Protection: Tortoise is seen as a symbol of protection and as an energy-strengthening
source. For protection place it in the back of the house. In an office you can place a
small tortoise behind your back. Outdoors, you can place a tortoise at your back garden.
- Career Enhancement: The second use of the tortoise, particularly a black tortoise made
from metal, is in the North zone of your home. It is believed that this placement can
help attract steady promotions through the course of your career.
- Stability: In case of a south or west facing door you can keep a stone tortoise facing the main door to bring stability in house or workplace. Keeping it at the passage of your home or office, will make it act as a shield to protect you from all the negative energy.
- Wealth: Keeping money turtles in North helps in activating wealth sector.
Different materials :
- Metal: Metal turtles are kept in North or Northwest; keeping in North brings fortune
and keeping in Northwest reduces stress and also helps in increasing concentration.
- Wooden/Earthen: Wooden turtles can be kept in the East or Southeast; it fulfills life
with joy and enhances creativity.
- Crystal : Crystal tortoise should be placed in the Southwest or Northwest direction, it
brings financial stability and fame.
- Stone: Placing a stone turtle in west brings harmony and is good for concentration.Some points to remember :
- Tortoise must be kept facing east.
- Its leg must be kept immersed in water.
- You can add coloured stones to the water.
- Keeping a metal black turtle near a water feature enhances It’s energy.
- If you place the tortoise near the bed, it will help you in dealing with anxiety and insomnia. You can keep it beside your child’s bed, if he/she is afraid of sleeping alone.
- Do not place the tortoise in the bathroom or kitchen.